11 July 2011

Thank you!

I’d like to thank everyone who sponsored me in the Relay for Life, held the weekend before last (2 and 3 July), in aid of Cancer Research UK.


I walked for 6 ½ hours, the bulk of which I managed in one go, from just after 11pm on Saturday until 5am on Sunday. It was surprisingly good fun walking around the Deangate Ridge running track at that time of night - with ‘candles of hope’ lining the track and everyone encouraging each other to stay awake.


It also gave me an opportunity for a gossip with fellow Hoo resident Mick Edwards (my third cousin no less), who was taking part with his family. Thanks for keeping me company in the wee hours Mick!!!

Loads of local people took part in this event, raising £30,759 in total - a really fantastic effort all round.


Many thanks to Nancy Waller and Maureen Tong-Ralphs (pictured above). Nancy and Maureen were part of the voluntary team responsible for producing this really well managed and successful event.