1 July 2011

The Final Countdown . . .

Deangate Ridge Sports Complex, between Hoo and High Halstow on Dux Court Road, will play host tomorrow (Saturday) to the Rochester Relay for Life in aid of Cancer Research UK.


I’ll be joining the ‘Hoo R Ya’ team, taking it in turns to complete the 24 hour relay.

I’m really pleased that since appealing for sponsorship - my Just Giving page now has donations amounting to nearly £200. It would be nice though to raise even more cash for this very worthwhile cause (hint hint - you can still donate online, it’s very easy!)

My training has been going really well. I’ve watched a few clips of the Marathon on YouTube and later tonight I’ll be listening to a certain theme tune by Vangelis!

As well as the relay itself, there will be loads of activities going on within the complex - with a schedule of events kicking off from 1pm and an opening ceremony at 1.55pm.

Entertainments will include a children’s treasure hunt, live music, sumo wrestling, a cake auction (sounds especially good!), a book stall, head shaving, basketball and lots lots more!

Whether or not you’re taking part, I hope you’ll pop along and show your support!