13 December 2011

It was showtime on the Isle of Grain . . . Oh yes it was!

I joined a packed audience last Saturday evening, to watch the second of two performances of this year’s Isle of Grain pantomime, Hamelin.

The show was put on by the Showin’ Grain Theatre Group, with the panto written and directed by Moira Pearn.

I can’t tell you what a hilarious evening it was. I don’t think anyone in the audience can have had so much fun or laughed as much in ages!

The cast kept everyone gripped - right through to the ‘triple’ finale, which included great performances of Take That’s ‘Never Forget’, Merry Christmas (lots of audience participation required of course!) and a hilarious song about ‘Butter and Margarine’. It was so funny, it has stayed with me for the last three days and I haven’t been able to stop smiling!

Some of the panto cast, including director Moira Pearn (wearing a wild black wig, on the left!), who also appeared as the lovable ‘Lou Natic’.

Moira (pictured again below) told me that she couldn’t put into words how proud she was of everyone involved in the production. “They all work so hard and I am so strict with them - ‘Speak up!’, ‘Don’t mumble your words!’, ‘I can’t hear you!’ - they will all recognise these uttered words.”


Moira would especially like to thank Edward Cordier, who is the group’s ‘technician magician’ - without whom many of her spectacular ideas wouldn’t have come to fruition.

I for one had a great night. The whole production was put together brilliantly. Excellent music and a great cast (all named below), who were all clearly enjoying themselves. And plenty of audience participation - no matter how hard I tried to hide!


Who needs the West End?!

The Showin' Grain Theatre Group will also be appearing at The Village Sports & Social Club in Hoo this Friday (16 December) - best of luck! Don’t miss it!