3 October 2011

Another fantastic fund-raising total from Macmillan High Halstow

Last Friday morning I joined a good many other local residents at the Memorial Hall in High Halstow, for the Macmillan Cancer Support 'World’s Biggest Coffee Morning'.

With it being another incredibly hot day, I opted for a cold orange juice rather than coffee, which went down nicely with some rather tasty homemade carrot cake - I only had the one slice I promise!


It was good catching up with Rena Digby, Ann Smith and Angela Forward (all pictured below), of the High Halstow branch of Macmillan, who worked incredibly hard to make the event such a great success.


Whilst I kept to one piece of cake, I do have to admit to buying some homemade strawberry and blackberry jams and a pot of marmalade - all looking very tasty and made of mostly locally picked produce. I can’t wait to tuck in. All in the name of charity of course!

It was good seeing a few familiar faces at the coffee morning. And it was good to bump into new High Halstow Parish Councillor Christine Watson (pictured below).


I don’t think we’re related, but it was really good hearing about the many exciting local projects that the Parish Council have in the pipeline.

I’m pleased to report that Macmillan High Halstow’s coffee morning exceeded last year's total (when they raised over £600), this time raising £750. The total might increase as more and more donations are received - I'll keep you posted. A really tremendous effort!